Sunday, January 18, 2015

Moving on from Hearts to Stone Angels

It's been three years now since I made my second
Fabric Lace book. 
This I learned from an on-line workshop taught by
Nellie Wartman at

called Altered Fabric Book
(This is still available on her blog too!!!!!)
and
since then I have created quite a number of  Fabric Altered books
but
that book I still treasure as I learned so much.
Nellie is one of the sweetest, most conscientious and creative woman I have met here in blogland!

Just sharing a few of the pages from that book "Pandora's Box"
that I thought you might like to see here again!



 













 


 This really was a quite a plump book overflowing with lots of luscious fabrics
and laces which I still love so very much.

Anyway I decided it was time to revisit Nellie's blog
as she was offering a new instructional DVD of an Art Book
called "Clarity"
Here is the link:

 https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/207624779/instructional-dvd-art-bookclarity?ref=shop_home_feat_1
 
 which really is
more of a paper and paint journal so I decided to give that
a go - never having painted anything before.
Nellie supplied some beautiful photo images of Stone Angels
which we were to alter by painting
and
as I didn't want to destroy these first up
I decided to use one of my own as a practice run
and this was the result:



Front Cover with altered photo - painted!!! (background).


Inside covers!











Blank pages were added last.

 

I found this DVD very inspirational and I found Nellie
to be not just an excellent teacher but always available
to discuss any questions I had and offering excellent feedback.
I highly recommend this wonderful DVD
especially also if you are wanting to
learn how to construct a
paper journal.

♥♥♥

With all of this new inspiration I decided to create another
collage using one of the Stone Angels I have
collected  (probably from Pinterest)
using a black and white image
along with many layers of earth toned fabrics (recycled and new)
including brocade, linen, silk, fabric laces as well as
vintage netting and a vintage doily.















I really am a Fabric, textural and lace age girl at heart!
This is now available for sale in my Etsy

Wishing you angel hugs from here!
xox Suzy

24 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh Suzy ... this is absolutely delightful. I love every single bit and bob you have added to the book. Truly - it is absolutely gorgeous.

    Isn't Nellie THE BEST? I am honored to own one of her books and I treasure it!

    You sure are a good student! Can't wait to see what you'll next create for us to gaze at.

    Happy Crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Thanks for the blog post about Nellie's DVD, also. I ordered it and her DVD for the Christmas ornaments. I have a DVD from a class I took with Nellie several years ago but I don't think it was the fabric book class. As always, your artwork is divine!

    Blessings,
    Marrianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suzy, your books are so beautiful and inspirational. I am so honored that you wanted to take my classes. What beautiful treasures you have! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi, Everything you do is so beautiful. Hopefully when I get moved and settled again I can try some of your ideas, too. Hoping you are having a wonderful day. Nancy Carr xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Suzy..Love the collage page with the antiqued components..Right up my alley!! Happy Sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s always a treat to see what you've been working on, Suzy. Your attention to detail is just stunning. You have a wonderful talent and I thank you for sharing all the inspiration.
    May the New Year keep you safe, healthy, and creating more art, so I can continually be inspired.

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. both journals are stunning!! I would so love to make a fabric journal, do you teach a class?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your books are so beautiful and you can tell that a lot of thought and love has gone into them. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular fabric & lace! Gorgeous journals indeed!
    Thk u for sharing your info, I must share this beauty!
    xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so exciting to see you embarking on a new journey with paper and inks. Already I can see that these projects will be just as awesome as your fabric creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzy, your work is stunning and always amazing. Love the fabric journal.
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Have a wonderful and creative week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've looked and looked at her site for the Fabric Altered Book - even checked her etsy shop (which is currently closed). Could you offer more information or a direct link on where to find it? TFS - this is the first I had heard of her blog....first visit to yours as well.
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and Nellie are a dream team of creative bliss and inspiration. Lovely lace books and now with paint and paper included are an amazing combination. Sheer Swoon...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello
    Wonderful book! One day I'll make one with all thoughts I love. But now I've too many things I would like to make and I try to learn watercolor!
    Do you have sites where you still find laces please and silk ribbons not too expansive?????
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Suzi!
    So pleased you were able to stop by, I ll have to check out that DVD, I have taken a number of Nellie's classes too, she is wonderful!
    Im lucky you were one of the blogs on my front page blog roll as I still have no Reading list from blogger, just blogger buzz(:
    Hope it is fixed soon, they wont even allow me to add blogs that I can remember if I go hunt them down..not much I can do about it and I too am not a big FB fan and would rather blog more now Im feeling better.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful work and know that you are loved!
    Hugs my friend, Marilou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like a fish to water you jump in an voila, gorgeous. Nellie's work is such an inspiration too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - what a wonderful look back - such a beautiful book. Looking at it, it's hard to believe it was just your second one - you are very talented Suzi!
    As for your work with the stone angels, the painting and collage is beautiful, just beautiful. And at the end, when you've worked it with lace and fabric??? Stunning.
    Thank you for sharing all this - I am so inspired!
    Hugs, Jillayne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Suzy- I just love your books, they are so beautiful and field with beauty for the eyes- thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I remember that book and how exquisite I thought it to be and how talented you were with such a good eye for combining everything just perfectly! And now another exquisite book from your dear talented hands. You my sweet friend are right up there with my other sweet friend Nellie in making the most beautiful books in the universe. You keep right on doing what you do so so well!
    xxoo
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your work is beautiful! I love all the detail you put into each page. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh your books are so gorgeous dear Suzy! How wonderful to see the "old" one as well. So many beautiful pages and layers. And the colours are so rich. As always you work with the most beautiful fabrics and laces. The workshops of Nellie look very tempting. But first I have to finish the courses I'm following at this moment :) Thank you for your sweet visit again Suzy, it's always wonderful to read your comments. I uploaded my finished little book to my blog today. But the rose fabrics I was talking about are for my next book project :) Sending you big hugs from freezing Netherlands, brrrr. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hugs from angels to you too! I am a couple of posts behind on your blog, but I flatly refused to click on them until I had time to savour them. Have I mentioned how much of an inspiration you are?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails